RBCE - RigidBot Community Edition Firmware

Share your modifications or have technical discussions about the Rigidbot

Re: RBCE - RigidBot Community Edition Firmware

Postby greg » 16 Oct 2014, 04:16

Hi folks, apparently the forums here aren't sending notifications for your posts, so I'm only seeing this today (thanks to a + from Jerry on Google+).

For the code that built the v0.3 files, you can start from a clone of my repo https://github.com/gregrebholz/Marlin and checkout commit 95c6a2e (from the command line that would be "git checkout 95c6a2e"). This is the last commit before I submitted the pull request to Marlin. From there commits were made to adjust to their requests, and that included a hastily put together Configuration.h that has not actually been used yet on RBCE builds.

As far as EEPROM support, I've been doing the builds by running example_configurations/rigidbot/makeallrigidbots.sh (on a Mac but should work from Linux as well)... it's a very simple shell script that uses 'sed' to search and replace various strings in the Configuration.h file to build the 8 permutations of RBCE posted here in a repeatable fashion. It should have been setting the correct EEPROM values, but I'm hearing from others that it isn't working correctly, so some debugging is in order there. Thanks for looking into this everyone.
greg

Postby misha » 17 Nov 2014, 03:56

What is the github repo URL for this firmware?
misha

Postby greg » 19 Nov 2014, 03:27

The v0.3 binaries were compiled from https://github.com/gregrebholz/Marlin at commit 95c6a2e, and using the bash/awk script in example_configurations/rigidbot/makeallrigidbots.sh. The latest commit at that URL is what is still under consideration from the Marlin developers. I'm about half way finished with a rewrite that will be used for v0.4 binaries and several independent pull requests to Marlin... that rewrite isn't published yet.
greg

Postby guysoft » 15 Feb 2015, 13:15

Hey Greg,
First great work!
After going over Rigidbot's Firmware I am doubtful anyone is actually using it for dual extrusion, there are serious bugs.

I have a question though. I tried buliding and flashing the source, but it seems there are diffrences compared to the binaries you published.
I can't find example_configurations/rigidbot/makeallrigidbots.sh anywhere in your sources

Is there a way you can plublish the configuraiton used to build "RigidBot Regular, Dual Extruder, RigidPanel LCD"? It would help me a lot if I could build the code. You can just publish a diff/the changed files it would be appriciated!

Guy
guysoft

Postby greg » 01 Mar 2015, 01:55

Seems a number of people are having difficulty getting the correct source for the v0.3 binaries, so I put up a .zip of the sources and linked it in the top post on this thread. The .git repository information is still there, and you're welcome to use the git repos as described above and in the top post as well.

This v0.3 is unfortunately a dead-end in terms of Marlin integration, as the Marlin project restructured, moved repos, and closed out all their pending pull requests. I've started rebasing the changes against the new project, but in a number of ways v0.4 will be a rewrite. If you're interested in developing RBCE, let me know and we can sync up on the current state. Thanks for your interest!
greg

Postby guysoft » 01 Mar 2015, 22:28

Thanks!
I will play around with it.
Waiting for 0.4, if there is anything I can help you with, just ask!
guysoft

Postby guysoft » 01 Mar 2015, 23:05

Flashing the source you published on a stock rigidbot single i get MINTEMP error. Its not the right code.
guysoft

Previous

Return to Modifications & Technical