reset button

Troubleshooting any electronic elements of the RigidBot

reset button

Postby mavgrab302 » 18 Aug 2014, 12:59

not too sure but there is a button on the main board. A small pad button...I'm having some issues that almost seem linked to firmware, because ever since lcd options have changed things have gone from ok to bad.... i have already reinstalled newest firmware from inventapart marlin 8-11 something, but nothing changes...so my question is..how to reset the board
mavgrab302

Re: reset button

Postby greg » 18 Aug 2014, 18:02

That reset button will "reboot" the Arduino and firmware. You can also send a "reset" over the serial connection from the button in Pronterface for example to do the same thing without the physical button. You might also consider getting the 1.1 firmware from IAP and adding "#define STEPPER_RESET_FIX" to Configuration.h and compiling it... that will enable their code for the driver reset, which should resolve any "dead channel" problems.
greg

Re: reset button

Postby mavgrab302 » 18 Aug 2014, 22:26

I hate touching things I totally don't understand such as adding values in the firmware as you suggest..I understood that installing the firmware over will rewrite..my issue really right now is it not heating because it wont do anything until it does it seems..
mavgrab302

Return to Electronics